It could be that you are designing the website on your own or have employed a web designing company in Canada to do the job. Both ways it will be helpful to have knowledge of many of the web design tips and tricks so that you can suggest inputs to the website designing company working for you or can better develop the site yourself.
Tip 1 – Keep design simple
Most users get distracted on websites which look too cluttered. To create an appealing as well as simple site what you can do is:
- Develop focal points where visitors get all the important information.
- Organize the page properly so that it becomes easy for customers to find necessary details quickly.
- Visuals & text need to complement the other.
- Check and ensure images download quickly and are optimized.
Tip 2 – Establish visual communication
Visuals can help in grabbing eyeballs plus can also be effective in communicating with users.
- Highlight sections on the site with visuals. For highlighting links use buttons to make navigation easy.
- Take visitors to important section on the page using arrows or scrolls.
Tip 3 – Add Content
Good visuals are going to make users view the site for the first time but it is the content which will bring them back.
- Visitors want to view fresh content so regularly update content on the site.
- Get feedback from users so that they have more interaction with the site.
Tip 4 – Maintain narrow text
Good website design development makes sure that the layout for text is narrow. It is really annoying if I have to scroll sideways and same is applicable for other visitors on the site. Narrow column layout helps to make reading easy and thus helps to retain the customer for longer duration on the site.